The Church of St John The Baptist, Seven Oaks

The Baptistry

Moving across to the centre aisle, the Baptistry towers above.  It comprises panelled back and canopy in oak with two seats and stalls on either side with brass fittings for churchwardens’s staves.  The return panelling on North and South sides of the Baptistry is by Kempe.  The north side contains the memorial referring to the First World War and to the erection of the Reredos.

War Memorial Plaque

The Pulpit and Baptistry were erected in 1913 to commemorate the completion by the Revd Noel Percival Tower of 25 years in the Priesthood.

On either side of the font are the churchwardens’s staves of oak each with brass mounts and scones.

The octagonal font is Portland Stone with quatre-foil in each part of the octagonal basin surrounded in black and white marble pavement.

The font was slightly damaged a few years ago after the boiler-room beneath the floor caught fire.  The font supports a richly decorated oak crown when not in use.

The Font
St Peter's Church, Prescott Place, Clapham, SW4
Tel: 020 7622 6285